In the Festival's first open-air Literary Pioneer exhibition at the National Library Plaza, step into the many worlds that Hedwig Anuar has brought us to, and unearth libraries and books as spaces of literary imagination, exploration, and discovery.
We celebrate Anuar as the first Singaporean director of the National Library, the champion of children's literature, and a pioneer who built the foundations for our modern library system. Her work continues to nurture generations of young readers by making books a part of our everyday lives.
This exhibition is supported by National Library Board as a venue and resource partner.
Explore the 2021 Literary Pioneer Exhibition in person or virtually via our digital microsite from 5 November onwards. Entrance to the physical exhibition is free, but pre-registration is strongly recommended to ensure that you secure a 45-minute slot for entry into the exhibition. Limited slots are available and registration will open on 25 October at 3pm. Walk-ins are allowed if there are available slots for that session.
For the best possible experience, we recommend that you bring along a smartphone or other QR code compatible devices.
Writer/Researcher: Charlene Shepherdson
Illustrator: Priscilla Tey
Physical exhibition designer: Wong Chee Wai
Graphic Designer: Practice Theory
Digital exhibition designer: Lim Shu Min
Sound designer: Ramesh Krishnan
Musician: Munir Alsagoff
Web Development: Mao Yuncheng
If you are attending the exhibition at National Library Plaza, do take note of the following:
- Patrons above the age of 12 years old are required to be fully vaccinated* in order to be permitted entry to the exhibit.
- Upon entry, patrons will be asked to verify vaccination status, check-in with the TraceTogether app or token, and undergo a temperature screening.
- SafeEntry will only be facilitated via the TraceTogether app/token.
- Maximum of 2 people per group.
- All patrons will be asked to sanitize their hands before and after viewing the Exhibition
- Regular cleaning of common and high-touch surfaces will be performed after each session.
- Queue markers to maintain a minimum of 1m distance between individuals or groups of 2.
- SWF staff will be present to ensure that these SMMs are adhered to.
*An individual is considered vaccinated if he/ she has been:
a) fully vaccinated, i.e. has received the appropriate regimen of World Health Organisation Emergency Use Listing (WHO EUL) vaccines including their respective duration post-vaccination for the vaccine to be fully effective, and had their vaccination records ingested in MOH’s national IT systems;
b) recovered from COVID-19, or
c) has obtained a negative result on a pre-event test taken in the past 24 hours before the expected end of the event
*A valid negative COVID-19 test result refers to a negative PCR or ART test administered or supervised by MOH-approved COVID-19 Test Providers. Negative results obtained from self-administered ART test and self-administered ART test performed under supervision by parties other than MOH-approved COVID-19 test providers are not recognised for PET.