This session is recommended for ages 7 – 12, with adult supervision.
Participants are required to prepare the ingredients and tools ahead of the workshop. Stay tuned for the ingredients list!
To attend the session, click the button above to purchase a ticket. Limited seats are available. Details will be sent to the email used for registration.
12pm – 1pm
12.30pm – 1.30pm
ADVENTURES IN MY LUNCHBOX
Percy & Pam Bento
(per pax / per bento)
- Approx. 200g cooked short grain rice
- [Optional] Filling for rice ball
- Suggested filling: Salmon flakes, meat floss, tuna, crab stick
- 1 tsp of finely grounded roasted sesame or teriyaki sauce
- 1 slice of picnic ham, or halal ham of choice
- 1 slice of cheese
- 1/2 sheet of sushi seaweed
- Sides: Colourful side dishes will be great for dressing up the bento and making it look appetising, and usually means a more balanced meal.
Some suggested options: Proteins such as meats or tofu, wavy lettuce, blanched or sautéed broccoli / carrots / cherry tomato / colourful vegetables, tamagoyaki egg
- 1 bento box
- 1 small mixing bowl
- Perforated plastic gloves
- 1 drinking straw
- Small scissors
- Tweezer (recommended)
Alternatives: Toothpick or thin small skewer stick
- Plastic cling wrap
- Small knife and cutting board
- [Optional] Some wet wipes and kitchen paper towels for easy cleaning u
Writers / Presenters
Shirley Wong, aka Little Miss Bento, gained a large following of fans through posting adorable Japanese bento lunchbox creations and unique deco sushi rolls on her website and social media channels. The top celebrity food artist in Singapore, she is also the first Singaporean to be certified under the Japan Sushi Instructor Association in Tokyo and Japan Salonaise Association. She conducts classes and workshops regularly and has published 7 bestselling cookbooks including the limited edition Miffy Cookbook.